Saskatchewan Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) FAQ

The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) is a process that allows the province of Saskatchewan to nominate immigrants to fill the economic and labour market needs of the province. There are ten categories under this program:
  • Skilled Workers
  • Health Care Professionals
  • Family Members
  • Entrepreneurs
  • Farm Owners/Operators
  • Long Haul Truck Drivers
  • Students
  • Hospitality Sector Project
  • Large-Scale Investors
  • Science and Technology
You must have a permanent, full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan employer as either a worker in a skilled, professional, or managerial position, or a foreign worker who has been working for a Saskatchewan Employer for at least six months on a Temporary Work Permit.
You may qualify if you have been working in the Saskatchewan on a Temporary Work Permit as a physician, nurse, or other health care professional for at least six months, and have received a permanent, full-time job offer.
To qualify under this category, you must have a close family member who is a Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada and who has been residing in Saskatchewan for at least one year. Your close family member(s) must be willing to sign an affidavit of support, saying that they will provide you with settlement assistance. In addition, you must:
  • Be between 18 and 49 years of age;
  • Have completed at least one year of full-time postsecondary education and received a degree, certificate or diploma;
  • Have at least one year of full-time work experience in your field of education or training;
  • Speak enough English to be able to work in Saskatchewan; and
  • Have a permanent, full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan employer, or intend to find employment in Saskatchewan and have enough funds to initially settle in Saskatchewan.
Under this category, a close family member can be a parent, a sibling, a child, an aunt or uncle, a niece or nephew, a grandparent, a first cousin, a step-family member or an in-law of the same relationship.
To qualify as an Entrepreneur under the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program, you must have a personal net worth of more than CDN $250,000, and be willing to invest $150,000 in a new or existing Saskatchewan business. In addition, you must:
  • Demonstrate 3-5 years of business management or business ownership experience
  • Plan to have an ongoing management role in the business
  • Have enough funds for the establishment of the new business or partnership in the existing business
  • Make an exploratory visit to Saskatchewan, which will include being interviewed by a program officer, a visitation seminar and meetings with government agencies and potential business partners
  • Submit a Business Proposal or a Relocation and Settlement Plan
  • Sign a Performance Agreement Based on your Business Proposal or Relocation and Settlement Plan and make a CDN $75,000 deposit into a trust account
To qualify under as a Farm Owner/Operator, you must have a minimum personal net worth of at least CDN $500,000, and have signed an offer to purchase an existing farming operation in Saskatchewan or an offer to purchase land in Saskatchewan for a farming operation. You must have visited Saskatchewan within two years of signing the offer, and demonstrate that you are a knowledgeable farm operator. There is also a Young Farmers stream of this category, with a lower net worth requiremement, for farmers under the age of 40.
To qualify as a Long Haul Truck Driver, you must have a permanent, full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan trucking company after having worked for them for at least six months on a Temporary Work Permit. You must have at least two years of trucking experience, and a valid truck-driving license. In addition, you must be able to travel to the United States if required, and have a reasonable command of English.
To qualify as a student, you must have spent at least six months working in the Saskatchewan on a Post-Graduation Work Permit, after having graduated from a recognized Canada post-secondary educational institution.  In addition, you must have a permanent, full-time job offer from your Saskatchewan employer.
You may qualify under this project if you hold a valid Temporary Work Permit in Canada for one of the following occupations: Food/Beverage Server, Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper, or Housekeeping/Cleaning Staff. You may apply under this category if you have worked in Saskatchewan for a period of six months or more and have a permanent, full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan employer. Additionally, you must have at least a grade 12 level education (or the equivalent) and speak enough English to work in Saskatchewan.